Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Turn your Butterfly back into a Caterpillar - Art Journal


“Dare to be yourself. No pretending. 
The truth is we never grow up. We just act like we did.”
~ Sarah Lee @ ShareMy World.org



There was a time I would wear my hair in pigtails with ribbons.
There was a time I would roll down the grassy hills.
There was a time I would run through a sprinkler on a hot muggy day.
There was a time I would dance on the beach in my underwear.

I remember being young. Being the caterpillar. When play was the center of my life. Before growing up took it all away. Before I turned into a butterfly. Don’t get me wrong – wings are fabulous. But at this stage in my life – flying is not enough. I want to play again. I want to be that caterpillar I once was.

1 comment:

  1. I've just enjoyed a lovely hour or so reading your blog. Thank you for your willingness to share your thoughts, your art, your hopes, your fears. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete

2022

   Merry Christmas